10 useful tips when you book a car rentalOnce you have decided to rent a car from Top Rent A Car, here are some tips for the 10 mandatory things you must remember before and during your rental.
1. Make your reservation as early as possibleThis is very important especially if the rental period is during the high summer period. Try making reservation at least 1-2 weeks in advance in order to avoid a disappointment of limited availability. We also have regular “early-birds” discounts and promos!
2. Choose your car wisely according your needsAlways have in mind not only the price, but the interior car space and trunk size. It is essential when you travel with more than 4 persons and a lot of luggage. Often happens, a client to book 7-seater for 7 persons, that way minivan with unfolded 2 extra seats has less trunk space. Full car specifications of all vehicles in our fleet read here.
3. Leave more details when you bookWhen you make your booking online or by phone, leave more details like the flight number (so we can track your flight if it has a delay), exact pick up address and hotel name as well as mobile phone number, that will be reachable at the moment of car pick up.
4. Don’t forget the security excessAs most of the car rental companies, we have security excess when you rent the car. The excess is 150 EUR – 2000 EUR depending on the car class. It will be blocked on your credit card and after you return the car – unblocked. More information can be seen here.
5. Bring your credit card, driving license and IDDon’t forget your credit card, you will need it for the security excess and if you prefer – for the payment. To rent a car you need to have the following regular and valid personal documents: passport / ID card, driving license and control card. In case you are a foreign citizen - an international driver's license or a legalized translation of an original control card in case it is issued by a state that has not signed the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic of 08.11.1968. (An original driver's license must always be provided).
6. Plan your cross border tripIf you plan to exit Bulgaria during your rental, you need to send us scanned copy of a driver’s license and ID, so we can issue Power of Attorney and Green card for the car. There is additional fee depending on the car class and the country you will visit. The security excess is double. Also, some countries are not allowed. More information can be seen here.
7. In case of car accident – call us!If you are involved in accident during the rental or somehow damage the vehicle, call us immediately. Also, you’ll need to call 112. They will assist you notifying the traffic police. We will need your traffic police report about the accident. If you have bought additional coverage TOP PROTECTION the report frees you from any charges.
8. Don’t leave your belongings in the carIf you leave your belongings in the rented car, there is potential risk someone to break it and steal your belongings. It is also mandatory always to take the car documents with you.
9. Don’t forget to refuelOur corporate policy is to provide cars with full tank, so when you return the car it must be fully refueled. We advise you to use the closest gas station to the drop off place.
All our customers can refuel at preferential prices, as well as take advantage of a variety of goods and services offered at OMV service stations. More information about the discounts can be seen here.