Driving mistakes in different conditionsWhen you're not prepared and don't have experience to drive in a certain situation, it can be very dangerous. Therefore, we advise the young drivers to be very careful and focused. Read more to see the most frequent driving mistakes.
1. Improper driving actions when raining
When raining, drivers forget that the road conditions are changed and their actions can be dangerous. Mistakes:
- Driving fast
- The driving distance is smaller than it should be
- The headlights are not switched on
2. Improper driving actions when fog
Driving when fog can be dangerous too. Improper actions may lead to accident on the road. Mistakes:
- Fog lights are not switched on
- Higher speed and improper overtaking
3. Improper driving actions when snowy or icy road
The most common mistake in these situations is high rpm driving. This type of driving may lead to unexpected sliding and loss of control over the vehicle.
4. Improper driving actions when wind
- Keep in mind that the wind can change your vehicle's direction. The strong wind may change the trajectory of your vehicle and provoke an accident.
- Some drivers underestimate the presence of wind and forget the fact that it can overgrow horn and cause accident.
- If the cargo is not properly tied, it can fall down because of the wind.
5. Improper driving actions into the mountains
Mountain driving has its specifics, but the drivers sometimes ignore them. Mistakes:
- Brakes check. If you forget to check the brakes before driving in the mountains, it can be very dangerous, because they are crucial especially on downhill driving.
- Driving faster than it's allowed. There are many curves/turns into the mountain roads and action like overtaking may decrease your reaction time because of impossibility to see if the other lane is clear. Turning with high speed is very risky because can get you out of your lane.
- Improper overtaking. Overtaking on roads like this is very dangerous mostly because of the lack of visibility.