Travel with a car rental in Pleven
General information about Pleven
Pleven is one of the major cities in Northern Bulgaria. Visit it during your holiday and take a look of some of the sightseeing near by. You shouldn't miss to visit the ruins of antiquity and to learn about the people who have lived in these places since the V century b.c. Pleven can offer you these and much more if you visit the city by car rental. Our nearest office is located at the airport. The distance from the capital is 160 km by road E83 and 300 km from Varna. The name of the city comes from the early ages when Bulgarians and Slavs have settled these lands in 5-6 century. During the mid ages Pleven was a fortress. Later the city was battle scene during the Russo-Turkish War.
Virtual walk in Pleven
Tourist sites around Pleven
- Ruins of the fortress Storgozia
- Historical Museum - a cultural monument. There you can see a copy of the Vulchitrun treasure.
- Pleven Panorama - Built on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the liberation of Pleven from Ottoman rule in 1977
- Wine Museum in the park "Kaylaka" - interesting about it is that it is located in a cave
- The chapel mausoleum "St. George "- a symbol of the city
- House museum "Tsar Liberator"
- Park "Kaylaka"
- Nature Reserve "Chernelka"
Hotels and Restaurants in Pleven
The best hotels in Pleven, according to Trip Advisor:
- Hotel Balkan
- Hotel City
- Park Hotel Kaylaka
- Rostov Hotel
- Orbita Palace
The most desired restaurants in Pleven, according to Trip Advisor:
- Speedy Restaurant
- LIFE...restaurant, pizzeria & wine bar
- Club Boss Sushi Bar
- Paraklisa Club Restaurant
- Starata Izba (Old Cellar)
- CAPITAL Club
Rent a car in Pleven
You can choose Sofia as a starting point for your journey to Pleven. Top Rent A Car offers direct deliveries of cars to all spa resorts in Bulgaria.