Travel with a car rental in Kazanlak
General information about Kazanlak
Kazanlak is also known as "Town of roses" and it is located in Kazanlak valley (south part of Central Stara Planina). It is preferable tourist destination, because customs and culture have been kept until nowadays. You can easily go there by car hire service. The distance from Sofia is 194 km, from Varna - 300 km and Burgas - 194 km.
Where the name comes from? (Source: Wikipedia)
"... dates back to the Ottoman and is derived from the Turkish akche Kazanlar (akce k?zanlar - white girls), when Sultan Murad I sees the girls who met him ..."
Virtual walk in Kazanlak
Lots of tourists are visiting Kazanlak during the summer when the festival of the rose is celebrated (the end of May and the beginning of July). Tourists from all around the world are going there to take part of the festival together with the locals, to see the ceremony of becoming the "Queen of roses", and also to see how rose oil is prepared. Kazanlak offers lots of opportunities for recreation.
- Rosarium - Park "Rosarium" will impress you with its new vision, lots of space, plenty of greenery and flowers, arches, alleys and play grounds for the children.
- Tyulbeto - favorite place for a walk or riding a bicycle. You can choose between different alleys and trails, and to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the park. You can find also ancient Tracian tombs there, which is a duplicate of the original one. Tyulbeto Park is famous with the steps at the entrance, the stone bear and the stone billy-goat - meeting point to the locals.
Two of the most preferred summer destinations are Aquapark Aqualand - Ovoshtnik and Koprinka Dam. The aqupark is only 5 km far from Kazanlak and there you can find lots of water attractions, slides, water bars, a disco and a large parking lot where to park your car hire. If you like the nature more, you can choose Koprinka Dam. It feels like you're at the sea side, because there is a sandy beach, rocks and pine forest too.
In Kazanlak are practiced many sports. Some of the most famous are cycling and volleyball. In 2012 was created volleyball team for women and the same year it has won second place at the tournament "Cup of Bulgaria", and third place in the National Championship of NVL-women.
- Literary and Art Museum "Choudomir"
- Kazanlak Tomb
- Kosmatka - Tomb of Thracian Seuthes
- Art Gallery - Kazanlak
- Buzludja peak
- Home "Petko Staynov"
- House-Museum "Choudomir"
- Museum "Dechko Uzunov"
- Iskra - Museum of History, Kazanlak
- Rose museum
- Ethnographic complex "Kulata"
- Luvova Cheshma, or Lion's Fountain, founded in 1903, in Seuthopolis Square
Events in Kazanlak
- Rose Festival
- International Folklore Festival
- Beer Fest "Valley of Roses"
- Chudomir holidays
The best hotels in Kazanlak, according to Trip Advisor:
- Grand Hotel Kazanlak
- Hotel Palas
- Villa Breza Guest House
- Hotel Zornica
- Hotel Kazanlak
The most desired restaurants in Kazanlak, according to Trip Advisor:
- Kransko hanche inn kazanlak
- Piknik Balgaran
Car rental service in Kazanlak
The best way to see all your places of interest in Kazanlak is by rent a car. You can see more information about our Burgas car hire office locations from the sidebar on the left or you can search quick and easy for car rentals with our booking engine at the left side of our web site.