Travel with a car rental in Sts. Constantine and Helena
General information about Sts. Constantine and Helena
This is the oldest resort on the Black Sea coast, located just 10 km away north of
. After the Liberation, the region became popular, because of the abundance of mineral springs and the closeness to the sea. In 1905, Queen Eleonora started the construction of a Sanatorium for children, suffering from bone and joint tuberculosis. After that there was a constant flow of tourists, whо were accommodated in The Monastery “St. Constantine and Elena”. Since then the Government have been gradually building and enlarging the resort up to the 1970. During the first decade of the 21st century, the resort was modernized, new hotels were built and the old once were refurbished. The old name of the resort is “Drujba”, which means “friendship”, but it was changed in the 90’s after the name of the ancient Monastery.
People from Varna and the region are still used to that name. The resort has a park with sport facilities and children playgrounds.
Virtual walk in Sts. Constantine and Helena
Tourist sites around Sts. Constantine and Helena
- Water sports (water ski, jets, surfing)
- Race track
- Night clubs
- Internet clubs
- Internet clubs
- Hot mineral springs flowing directly into the sea – This healing combination of hot mineral and cold sea water is recommended for treatments of many illnesses. People use this natural pool during the whole year, even in the winter. The resort has all the necessary facilities, like Post office, Police station, Health center, pharmacy, gas station, many shops, and supermarkets.
Interesting places to visit near Sts. Constantine and Helena:
- Euxinograd Palace - the Palace was built in the late 19th century as royal summer residence. It has been modeled after the French Chateau de Saint-Cloud. The Palace has a beautiful park with over 310 different plants. It is still used as a summer residence for the Parliament.
- Aladja Monastery – The monastery is carved into the rock and has over 20 rooms. It was created in 12th – 13th century. It is a national historical monument.
- Botanic garden - The Botanic garden is the first eco park in Bulgaria owned by the Sofia University. There are more than 300 species of exotic trees and bushes, and over 100 species of herbaceous plants. Botanical Garden is also known for its rich collection of irises, which are more than 250 varieties and over 30 varieties of roses.
- The Church St. Constantine and Elena - It once was part of the monastery, built for Emperor Constantine. In the present, the Church is open for visitors.
“St. Constantine and Elena” offers wide range of accommodations and restaurants for any taste.
Hotels in Sts. Constantine and Helena
The best hotels in Sts. Constantine and Helena according to Trip Advisor are:
- Solaris Hotel
- Romance Hotel
- Estreya Palace
- Veronika Hotel
- Chaika Hotel St. Konstantin
- Gloria Hotel
- Koral Hotel
- Kristel Hotel
- Lebed Hotel
Car hire in Sts. Constantine and Helena
If you plan to visit
Sts. Constantine and Helena and have not booked your car yet, you can do so by using our reservations left. If you are traveling from Varna,
Top Rent A Car has office to Tsar Osvoboditel 17A, or from the airport, where you can pick up your car on the spot. Top Rent A Car offers free shipping to Sts. Constantine and Helena. The resort is also a good starting point for sightseeing. Nearby you can find:
- Fortress Kaliakra, Lake Dourankoulak, Mussel farm and "the rock capital of Bulgaria" - Kavarna. You can also use Varna as a starting point for your journey to the northern coast.
Constantine and Helena beach by Kiril Kapustin [ CC-BY-2.5], via Wikimedia Commons