Travel with a car rental in Blagoevgrad
General information about Blagoevgrad
Blagoevgrad is also known as Gorna Djumaya and Dzhumayata, which was its previous name. The name comes from Turkish and means "Friday" and Friday is market day. It is situated at the foot of the Pirin Mountains and has beautiful scenery, majestic mountains, rivers and lakes that would be interesting for every visitor. Taking advantage of car rental Blagoevgrad, you can explore the city, take a walk in the mountains, biking or just ride, enjoying the stunning views.
Another reason to visit Blagoevgrad is the good weather. This is the city with the most sunny days per year. The city is lively all year long because of the large number of students from Bulgaria and abroad. American University and Southwestern University offer their students a great opportunity to implement and maintain a young spirit of the city. Top Rent A Car offers attractive prices for long term rentals, of which everyone could benefit.
Virtual walk in Blagoevgrad
Tourist sites around Blagoevgrad
- Cathedral Vuvedenie Bogorodichno in Varosha - It was declared a cultural monument and is modeled after the church in Rila monastery. An interesting fact is that the inhabitants of Varosha, about 150 in number, have built the church themselves and even women were helping by bringing stones with their hands. Before the church was built, there was a little school on its place, which was a spiritual and educational center for the population of Gorna Djumaya - old name of Blagoevgrad. Teachers at the school were clerics from the Rila Monastery and other religious centers.
- St. Michael neighborhood in Deer
- St. Nicholas in the district Gramada
- St. Demetrius in the neighborhood Strumsko
Other interesting places to visit
- Renaissance Varosha - "Varosha" was founded in XVII century. In XVIII century it was the only district in Blagoevgrad with Christian population with about 150-200 families. During the 80 years of the twentieth century, the neighborhood was restored completely, and the external appearance of the houses was preserved. Today all houses, except two, are used for public activities. They are hosting workshops, galleries, art centers, pottery, literature, painting and others. The district is declared a cultural monument.
- Bachinovo Park - the largest park in Blagoevgrad, which has a number of sports facilities, cycle path, picnic area and lake.
- Park Hunting Lodge - Located near the city center it has several tennis courts football course, well maintained paths. The park is a great place for walking, sports and recreation.
- Aquapark - This the first entertaining artificial beach resort in southwestern Bulgaria - Blagoevgrad Aquapark. It has several water slides, swimming pools, including an Olympic pool, recreation area and VIP area.
- Skiing Center Bodrost - Located in the Rila Mountain, 30 km away from Blagoevgrad. It has a cabin lift that leads the to Mount Ismailitsa.
- Stob Pyramids - Located above the Stob village in the western part of Rila. These are natural formations of earth in various shapes, most resemble pyramids with a stone cap. Their height ranges from 7 up to 12 meters.
Hotels and restaurants in Blagoevgrad
The best hotels in Blagoevgrad according to Trip Advisor are:
- Ezerets Hotel
- Alpha Hotel
- Sveti Georgi
The best restaurants in Blagoevgrad according to Trip Advisor are:
- Varosha Restaurant
- Frame Bar & Food
- Pizza Napoli
Where to find the best deals for car hire in Blagoevgrad?
If you want to hire a car in Blagoevgrad, you can rent from Top Rent A Car. If you plan to visit Blagoevgrad and have not booked a car yet, you can do so by using our booking form on the left. If you are traveling from Sofia, Top Rent A Car has an office in Sofia Airport, where you can take your car from. Top Rent A Car offers delivery to Blagoevgrad, as well.