Travel with a car rental in Albena
General information about Albena
Albena is one of the largest resorts on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. It is located 35 km away from Varna and 12 km away from Balchik. It was founded 1969. The resort is named after a famous character from a novel by Jordan Jovkov - ALBENA. The resort has over 40 hotels with a total bed capacity over 15,000. The tourists could enjoy a number of sports facilities - seven football stadium, hockey field, squash field, volleyball field, basketball field, tennis court, indoor and outdoor pools and more. There are also several SPA’s and a modern center for hemodialysis in Albena. Albena is spread over a large green area and a lovely wide beach, about 5 km long. If you plan to visit the resort and you have not yet booked your rental car, you may do so by using our booking system on the left side of the page. The resort has pharmacy, shops, dozens of restaurants and many attractions.
Virtual walk in Albena
Tourist sites in Albena
Tourist sites you should visit:
- Kaliakra cape was declared a natural and architectural reserve. There is a famous legend about the cape – the story says that 40 virgins tied their hair together and jumped into the water to escape falling into the hands of the Turks. In fact the place was inhabited since the 4th century BC by Thracians. In - late Hellenistic period a wall and towers were created, which formed internal and external city. Today there can be seen only the remains of the walls, as well as caves and beautiful scenery. The Cape is suitable for observation of birds and dolphins.
- Lake Dourankoulak – One of the vastest lakes in Bulgaria. The lake and its surrounding area were declared a nature reserve since there are several protected plant species. In addition, the village is in the path of migratory birds, which makes it a special place of national importance for biodiversity.
- Reserve "Balata" – another reserve, famous for its natural dense forest. The reserve can be found 35 species of mammals, 183 species of birds 16 species of fish.
- Natural Park "Golden Sands" – This is the smallest national park in Bulgaria. Its territory is obtained by 7 species of amphibians, 18 species of reptiles, 37 species of mammals and 88 species of birds. The park covers the territory of the Aladja monastery, and has meadows, recreation and tourist routes.
- Balchik – Blachik is a beautiful small town located on the Black Sea, 40 km from Varna. It is famous for its botanical garden and the palace of Queen Mariya. There are two great golf courses near Balchik.
- Albena is an excellent starting point for sightseeing along the northern coast. Other interesting places to visit are the Mussel farm and "rock capital of Bulgaria" - Kavarna.
- „Feast of dance”
- International Festival of Arts „Morning Star”
- „Fashion Fiesta Albena”
- „Competition Cheerleading”
Hotels and restaurants in Albena
The best hotels in Albena according to Trip Advisor are:
- Hotel Flamingo
- Hotel Slavuna
- Hotel Sandy Beach
- Hotel Borjan
- Hotel Kaliakra
The best restaurants Albena, according to Trip Advisor are:
- Margo's house
- Pub Shamrock
- Ti amo steak house ristorante Italiano Pizzeria
- Garden Place
Car rental in Albena
You could use Varna as your starting point to Albena. Top Rent A Car offers fast deliveries to all sea resorts in Bulgaria. You could also rent a car from our office in Golden Sands or just order a car for Albena.