Travel with a car rental in Dobrinishte
General information about Dobrinishte
Dobrinishte is situated in Southwestern Bulgaria, nestled between three mountains - Rila, Pirin and Rhodope Mountains, just 156 km away from Sofia- about 2 and a half hours with a rental car from Top Rent A Car, and 6 km away from Bansko. Dobrinishte is known as a spa resort for its 17 mineral springs, and it is recommended for spa and climatic treatment. Near Dobrinishte there is a chair lift to chalet "Bezbog" and from the chalet "Bezbog" there is ski trail to "Gotse Delchev", which makes it the second largest ski resort in Pirin.
It is known that the town was inhabited as early as the Neolithic, c. 6200-5500 BC, long before the Thracians appear in these lands. Archaeologists have found the remains of ancient dwellings, stone-age tools and rich deposits of Roman and Thracian ceramics and coins from the reign of Emperor Nero. Between the 7th and 14th centuries, Dobrinishte was complex - fortress, which stopped the Byzantine armies.
Virtual walk in Dobrinishte
Tourist sites around Dobrinishte
- The church "St. St. Peter Paul" is located in the center of Dobrinishte. It was declared as a cultural monument of special architectural value. Built in 1835 , during the Balkan War it was partially burned and restored in 1926 with an upgrade- bell tower.
- Another religious object is the monastery "St. Panteleimon. " It is located 3 km southeast of the town in Pirin mountain. The complex, founded in the early twentieth century, was declared as a cultural monument and contains a church, business and residential buildings.
- In Dobrinishte there is a church built in 1684. This is the church "Uspenie Bogorodichno". It was demolished two times.
- Dobrinishte is close to the Natural Park "Pirin", where visitors can park their rental car and spend hours, even days in the virgin nature. Not less attractive is the park area around "Bezbog", which is part of the reserve "Ulen". Many lakes are in this area - Bezbojko lake Popovo Lake, Fish Lakes, Kremenski lakes and others.
- Very close to Dobrinishte is the last stop of the only functioning narrow-gauge train. The train passes through Razlog, Bansko, Velingrad and provides a magical five-hour tour in the picturesque scenery of the Pirin and Rhodope Mountains.
- In Dobrinishte is the host of the only of its kind in Bulgaria edelweiss garden, from which you can buy alive flowers. As Edelweiss is a protected species, picking and destroying them is forbidden and punishable by the law.
The best hotels in Dobrinishte according to Trip Advisor:
- Hotel Valentino 2
- Kalinkovi hotel
- Macedonian Tavern hotel
- Voino House
The most preferred restaurants according to Trip Advisor:
- Macedonian Tavern
- Tavern Dedo Dine
- Restaurant Pavlevich
Car Hire in Dobrinishte
You could use Sofia as your starting point for your trip to Dobrinishte. Top Rent A Car offers direct deliveries to all summer, winter and golf resorts in Bulgaria. Top Rent A Car has an office on the Airport in Sofia, where you could rent a car on spot.